GMP ( Good Manufacturing Practices ) is a term which is recognized globally for the control and management of manufacturing , testing and overall quality control of food and pharmaceutical products.
It is believed that GMP is a good business tool , which will always help to refine both consent and performance of the company.
Good Manufacturing Practices are the practices required in order to conform to the guidelines recommended by agencies that
control the authorization and licensing of the manufacture and sale of food and beverages , cosmetics , medical devices etc.
GMP guidelines provides guidance for manufacturing , testing and quality assurance in order to ensure that a food product is safe for human consumption.
The guidelines ensure the good production conditions in the production area and testing of the product in quality control.
All guidelines follow a few basic principles –
• Manufacturing facilities must maintain a clean and hygienic manufacturing area, including laboratories and storage
• Manufacturing processes must be clearly defined, validated and controlled to ensure consistency and compliance with specifications.
Any changes to the process are evaluated from a patient safety and product quality perspective, and any approved change that may affect the quality of the drug are qualified or validated as necessary.
• Operators should be trained to carry out the production and control of products according to documented and approved procedures
• The production and distribution of the drugs must minimize any risk to their quality.
• Complaints about marketed products should be examined, the causes of quality
defects investigated, and appropriate measures taken with respect to the defective products and to prevent recurrence.
• Records should be made during manufacture and quality control
Good Manufacturing practices are recommended with the goal of safeguarding the health of consumers and patients as well as producing quality products.