ISO 50001:2018 Certification
• ISO 50001 is the International standard for Energy Management Systems , created by the International Organization for Standardization ( ISO ).
This particular specifies the requirements for establishing , maintaining , improving and implementing an Energy Management System , whose main purpose is to enable an organization to follow a systematic approach in achieving continuous improvement of energy performance which includes energy security and efficiency , energy use and consumption.
• What is the objective of ISO 50001:2018 ?
The standard’s aim is to help organizations continually reduce their energy use and therefore their energy costs and their greenhouse gas emissions.
Advantages of Certification
• If you get certified it proves that the energy management system meets the requirements of ISO 50001.
This gives employees, management , customers and stakeholders a confidence that the organization is saving energy.
• Another advantage of a certification is its emphasis on continual improvement . It will definitely develop and enhance your organization.
• The structure of ISO 50001 is designed according to other ISO management system standards.
There are few major components of ISO 50001: 2018 ….
– Context of organization and so on
• ISO 50001 is a standard which controls Energy Management systems.
No matter , how large company is and whatever industry you work in ISO 50001 can be introduced into any organization.
In contrast to many other environmental standards the ISO 50001 is internationally recognized. With it , a company’s energy efficiency can be improved by optimizing resource consumption.
• Energy Management System should primarily serve the environment through minimizing numerous environmental influences.
Let’s discuss about economic advantages –
1. Costs can be drastically reduced
2. With an changing production output , a company’s profit can increase
3. Strengthens competitive advantages
• The foundation of ISO 50001 lies in the idea that one can continuously improve.
For an Energy Management System according to ISO 50001 , in order to continuously improve , energy standards need to be constantly raised and energy efficiency controlled.
Only this way the processes can be continuously improved.